Illness is not only a complication of life, but also an opportunity to embark on a journey of healing in a broader sense.
The film tells the story of bailiff Karel Jaroš (48), his mother, former choir singer Matylda (80), and Karel’s teenage son Pavel (18). The withdrawn, emotionally torn Karel does not get along with his extroverted and bohemian mother and only thanks to a strong sense of duty does he visit her regularly. Pavel, on the other hand, who comes across as an irresponsible flunky, despises his father’s profession and cannot forget that he abandoned his family as a child. The relationship of all three is disturbed, but an unexpected life situation brings them together. Mathilde develops Alzheimer’s disease, loses her apartment and Karel has to take her in. However, he is unable to take care of her and in a deadlocked situation, it turns out that the only solution is for Pavel to take care of his sick grandmother. However, the illness progresses rapidly and doubts, crises and conflicts arise. The tragicomic story inevitably ends with the question of whether and how our heroes will stand up to this test of life.
- Dance, Matylda
- CZ, SK
- Script: Nataša Slavíková, Petr Slavík
- Director: Petr Slavík
- DOP: Martin Štrba
- Costum Desing: Katarína Štrbová Bieliková
- Script Editors: Martin Daniel, Martin Ryšavý, Zuzana Piussi
- Producers: Nataša Slavíková (CZ), Vít Janeček – VIRUSfilm (SK)
- Co-producers: Helena Uldrichová – Česká televize (CZ)
- Support: Czech Film Fund (CZ), Plzeň County (CZ), Radim Passer (CZ)
- Main Cast: Regina Rázlová, Karel Roden